Version 5.7-0: (Full documentation in English)
- New platform: Raspberry PI2 and PI3
- New icon
- Instruments Module: New option to smooth data for boat and wind speed and direction.
- Alarms Module: New alarm on polar efficiency percentage.
- New Start Line mode, allowing to measure distances and times to start line, to display a safety zone, and to manage a chronometer.
- Boat Module: Add possibility to force polar best wind angles.
- Boat Module: Add possibility to tune polar efficiency differently for upwind and downwind.
- Grib Module: Add possibility to color arrows according to grib slot, and to superimpose arrows from different gribs. This is useful for comparing grib models.
- Simulation Mode: Add an option for randomizing wind data.
- Add a button for financially contribute to qtVlm.
- Various other fixes and improvements
- Grib Module: Add Great Circle (squid) gribs direct download and email requests. Improvements in saildocs configuration and email generation.
- Instrument Module: Compas central part can now rotate based on real wind data.
- NMEA Module: Better management of UDP connections. Add multicasting support.
- Various small bug fixes, as usual
- Grib Module: Add a third slot for gribs, plus a mechanism for activating slots, in order for instance to compare gribs easily.
- Routes and Pathways Modules: It is now possible to append POIs to routes or pathways directly with mouse or touch.
- Add an option to keep boat centered on screen.
- Add a delay parameter for alarms.
- Various small bug fixes
- Iridium GO!: Possibility to request gribs via "Iridium Mail and Web" or "XGate" applications
- Simulation mode: Minimum distance from coasts for mooring has been increased to 500m
- Weather routing Module: Allows multirouting starting from boat
- Various bug fixes
- Grib Module: OCENS gribs support
- Route Module: better import of klm files
- Anchor Module: bugs fixes
- Simulation Module: fix a bug if no grib is loaded when starting
- mbtiles Module: fix a bug when configuration settings are changed
- S57 Module: Add a new details level. Optimisation.
- Instruments Module: Add possibility to send performance data on Raymarine instruments
- NMEA Module: Add possibility to have several output channels simultaneously
- Grib Module: Add grib size estimation for saildocs gribs. Add new data for saildocs GFS (rain, cape). add HRRR gribs for saildocs.
- Mbtiles Module: Optimisation.
- Opponent boats position import (dcc format)
- Better zoom/pan system, especially with S57 charts
- Some minor bugs fixes and many optimizations
- Add conditional alarms on COG, SOG, TWA, Depth and Currents.
- Routes Module: Add wind information compensated by the difference between wind from grib and actual wind on water.
- Routes Module: Add wind arrow icons on each POI (optionnally).
- Routes Module: Add options for modifying wind TWS or polar efficiency.
- Weather Routings Module: Add multi-routing options for varying wind TWS or polar efficiency.
- NMEA Module: Add a second UDP port for output
- NMEA Module: Add possibility to send NMEA data generated by internal GPS. Useful for instance to share a smartphone GPS on PC.
- Some fixes and optimizations in S57 management, plus some other fixes as usual
- Optimizations concerning S57 maps
- Some changes concerning NMEA UDP connections
- Some bug fixes and various small improvements.
- Various bug fixes and optimizations concerning mainly S57 module
- new Vector Charts module, accepting maps in S57 format
- Raster Module Improvement in GEOTIF rendering, and in quilting map selection.
- Android et iOS Anchor Watch is now included in the free version. Single Raster map is now available only in complete version.
- Some bug fixes and various small improvements.
- Patch2: Fix an issue with parameters saving in VLM mode.
- Patch1: Fix an issue with coasts detection on Mac ou iOS devices with retina screens.
- Weather Routings module: Fix an issue with multi-routing on pathways. Various small improvements.
- Module NMEA: Add an option to be able to retransmit all data. Add various parameters for serial connection.
- Modules Mbtiles and Tiles: Improvement in rendering performance.
- Some other corrections and improvements.
- Weather Routings module: Improvements in currents management and in calculation performances.
- Routes module: Improvements in functions linked to pathways, for instance a POI can now belong to several pathways. Possibility to activate a route, which will automatically change active WP once the current WP is reached.
- Instruments module: Better readability for CS/CD instrument. Add values for heading and speed target in TSP instrument. Improvements in currents calculation for TSP instrument. Improvements in performance data sending to NKE instruments.
- Raster module: Improvements in rendering performance for kaps and geotif (SHOM), especially for Android and iOS.
- Mbtiles module: Improvements in rendering performance.
- Tiles module: Possibility to display tiles from openSeaMap over kaps and rasters.
- Simulation Mode: Fix an issue with coasts detection at simulation restart. Many general improvements there too.
- NMEA Module: Add an option for incoming RMB messages, allowing to receive active WP from other navigation systems.
- GRIB module: In case NMEA is active or Simulation Mode is activated, grib's date is automatically updated every one minute.
- New general menu, to better identify Routes, Pathways, Barriers and Marks functions.
- Some other corrections and improvements.
- Weather Routing Module: Multipoints routing on a pathway (route defined as a Pathway). POIs suffixes when converting to route is not anymore limited to one character.
- AIS Module: Many improvements in perfomance, add messages 19 et some other new stuff.
- Simulation Mode: Add a fixed TWA mode. Add a virtual VHF to communicate with other participants. Many improvements in coast detection.
- NMEA Module: Some changes in serial ports management.
- Anchor Watch module: Many improvements.
- Instruments module: Improvements in TSP instrument which now takes currents into consideration.
- Route module: Add some data in tooltip window.
- Active WP infos can now be send on NMEA output.
- Performance data can now be send to NKE instruments.
- Tracks can now be exported in gpx or kml format.
- Status font size can now be specified.
- MacOS and iOS: fix a problem with AIS targets display on retina screens
- Some other corrections and improvements, as usual
- Weather Routing Module: Add an option to avoid area with gusts over a limit. Improvements in algorithm.
- AIS Module: Performance improvement, some other small improvements.
- Android and iOS: Improvement in POI move management.
- Simulation Mode: New Simulation Server, allowing more connections.
- Gribs: Add gusts option in sailDocs download configuration. Add PRMSL data to grib2 management.
- Instruments Module: New Instrument: PPC (Polar Percentage). Possibility to send this data to NKE instruments.
- VLM mode: Add some contextual entries for managing opponents settings.
- Add feature to save grib animation frames, for instance to create gif animations.
- Show both Ortho and Loxo lines in "Draw a heading" function.
- Add a contextual menu entry in barrier points to allow manual input of coordinates.
- Various others small changes and improvements, as usual.
- Simulation Mode: Better management when restarting simulation. Many other improvements.
- Weather fax: Fix a problem when several faxes are loaded directly from Internet.
- VLM Mode: Fix a problem with NSZ when a minimal distance to it has been specified.
- Android: Change in default folders management for Android 6.
- Some others changes and improvements, as usual.
- Module AIS: Add targets list, possibility to mark a target as fleet member, and to display only targets belonging to fleet. Add an option to be able to display tracking data on targets (heading, speed, etc.).
- Weather Fax: Possibility to indicate directly an URL instead of an image file name.
- Routes and Weatnher Routing modules: Tacks and Gybes delays can now be specified individually.
- Routes module: Route segments using engine are now shown as a dashed line.
- Barriers: Internal areas for closed barriers are now hatched. Fix a problem in display and cross detection.
- Simulation mode: Some changes to allow to practice without internet connection.
- VLM mode: Minimal distance to coasts also applies to NSZs.
- Grib: New option available, to apply a correction on TWS from grib (%).
- Display style \fusion\ is now forced.
- Add a Longitude/Latitude grid (optional in display options, shortcut \G\).
- Linux: Fix a problem with sound occuring in recent distribs.
- Add lon/lat info in POI tooltip (useful for Android/iOS when moving a POI).
- Various other improvements and fixes.
- patch1: Linux: Temporarily remove all sounds. We are investigating this issue linked to some recent linux versions VLM Mode: Add Autopilot reckoning (HDG and TWA only), plus the possibility to send 'Grib Reckoning' to VLM autopilot
- Android and iOS: Fix an issue related to boards
- Fix an issue on some hardware causing grib merging to fail
- Add route import in gpx format for files containing track data
- Various other improvements and fixes
- New reckoning modes, based on grib TWA or HDG
- New option to materialize or not internal GPS accuracy on map
- Fix various small issues with boards
- Android: Fix a compatibility problem with Android 4.1.2
- New configuration screen for saildocs, allowing requests for many grib models (wind, waves, currents, etc.)
- Add openTopoMap online maps
- Fix an issue with satellite fix in some rare cases
- Fix a problem with wind direction in instruments in Simulation Mode
- Several various optimizations and improvements
- macOS: Fix an installation problem on Sierra
- Android and iOS: in VLM mode, for the permanent race 'Perth - San Diego - Brisbane (playground)', the complete version including all features is activated for free
- New Raster module, faster and able to read kaps, geotiff, geojpeg, etc
- Add CAPE data in route's log and in routes comparator
- New Statistics tab for route, with a lot of new data
- Add a parameter to specify a maximum CAPE value in Weather Routing Module
- Add a possibility to compare actual boat's speed with polar speed in board
- Add a configurable minimum threshold for rain in routes comparator
- Columns can now be shown or hidden in routes comparator and route's log
- Start and arrivals points in routing are now persistent
- Add an option to extend last grib date for Currents gribs
- Add the possibility of sending a POI to GPS or other navigation system
- Various fixes and optimizations
- Add a parameter in Weather Routing Module for specifying a minimal distance to coastlines
- Add a function for managing and previewing mbtiles
- Speed improvement in mbtiles Module
- Improvement in barriers management
- Better management of communication errors in NMEA module
- Add a parameter for forcing detail level for coastlines (mostly useful in SOL mode)
- Fix a problem preventing a POI to become the active WP in real mode
- Fix a problem concerning reception of a WP via NMEA
- Fix a problem concerning raw NMEA data window
- iOS: Add import via iTunes for dataColor file, allowing to change colors for grib data
- iOS: Fix a problem related to long menus
- iOS: Fix a problem related to some error message dialogs
- New coasts detection algorithm
- Optimization and improvements in Weather Routing module
- Improvements in routing/route conversion
- Improvements in Kaps module
- Add an option for not opening automatically exported files
- Android: Fix an issue with Lenovo YOGA 2 tablets
- iOS: Fix an issue with WP button in VLM board
- Fix a problem with kap display on retina devices (iOS et MacOs)
- New version for kap module, now supporting more projection types
- Improvements in mbtiles module, now accepting more file formats
- Improvements in grib rendering speed
- Improvement in import/export module, concerning polars import
- Fix map polar orientation when data is received via NMEA
- iOS: Improve application update procedure
- iOS: Fix a problem in in-app purchase procedure
- Various small other improvements and optimizations
- New magnifier, allowing for zooming on kaps, tiles, or mbtiles.
- Support for norwegian gribs available at om.yr.no
- Better support of parameters 'force winds' and 'force currents'.
- Improvement of weather routings module, especially in LSK or SOL mode.
- Improvement in import/export module.
- MapQuest has stopped free access to its servers, and is therefore removed from online maps options.
Wikimedia maps have been added instead. Other solutions are being studied.
- Fix a problem with some polar formats
- Fix a problem with non standard grib interpolation formulas
- Various small other fixes and optimizations
- Patch1: Improve authorizations management for Android 6.0
- Patch1: Add support for gribs available at meteo.uniparthenope.it
- Patch1: Fix a problem with scale display on small devices
- Adjust grib interpolation for a better match with VLM server
- Fix a problem with changing polar when polar is shown on map
- Improvements in Weather Routings module performances
- New management of Tacks and Gybes parameters
- Improve polar management and display
- Export with automatic loading in external applications
- Fix a problem with some V2 gribs, for instance Arome HD from Météo France
- Add gusts U/V data
- New management of several gribs opened simultaneously
- Add laylines on POIs, from NMEA ou grib data, including currents (tides)
- Add MapQuest and MapQuest Aerial maps
- Change management of mbtiles and kaps
- Various improvements in NMEA, Instruments, and AIS
- Change AIS simulation mode in cooperation with Sinagot.net
- New interpolation mode SOL (sailonline)