Version 5.8-2: (Full documentation in English)
- qtVlm Companion support, an application for Android Wear (and also Android phones and tablets) which will be available very soon.
- SHOM Open Data support. This includes data like wrecks, obstructions, nature of seafloor, etc. In French only.
- SKIRON gribs (ICONS, WRF, ARPEGE, WAVES, etc) can now be downloaded directly from qtVlm, by selectionning a zone and choosing various parameters.
- Add an option for sending mail through qtVlm server, to avoid using an external mail.
- Gribs Module: Add a timeline slider to move grib's date more easily. Possibility to display wind arrows for several altitudes. Add new data Reflectivity. Fix a problem when merging grib whose names have accents. Fix a bug in SKIRON WRF gribs. Add a parameter for choosing time step when getting GFS gribs via saildocs.
- Anchor module: Possibility to send an SMS (Android only) or an email in case of alarm. Add an option to lock anchor on screen, to avoid moving it by mistake. Anchor position is now restored when restarting qtVlm.
- AIS Module: Add possibility to define a list of MMSI that will generate an alarm as soon as they appear. In that case it is also possible to drop MOB automatically.
- Instruments Module: Fix an error in TWD calculation if boat is not moving and only relative wind data is received. Improvement in data histograms. Fix an error with AWA/TWA when data smoothing is on and we receive alternatively relative and true data.
- Weather Routings and Routes modules: Add maximum reflectivity in parameters.
- POIs: Add possibility to input a comment for each POI.
- Barriers and Pathways: Add import/export mechanism.
- Mbtiles Module: Fix a regression with zoom level locking.
- Instruments Module: Possibility to send data to Smart Watches or devices accepting KND message format.
- Weather Routings et Routes modules: New option for tuning polar efficiency during night periods.
- Weather Routings et Routes modules: Submarine Courants data until -3m are now taken into account.
- Routes module: In custom field formula add the possibility to generate a value based on a polar.
- Module Cartes: Improvement in speed when selecting Rasters and S57s.
- Instruments Module: Some changes in GPS Fix management.
- NMEA Module: Add an Auto parameter in serial ports configuration.
- Charts Module: Add support for charts from VISIT MY HARBOUR.
- Charts Module: You can now lock mbtiles level by reclicking on the mbtiles toolbar's button.
- AIS Module: Add Fleet management. Own boat's MMSI can be indicated to avoid receiving messages from own boat.
- Charts Module: Add an option to control mbtiles overzoom function.
- Routes Module: New accumulation option for scriptable custom fields (last value).
- Pathways Module: Add tooltips infos on patways legs.
- NMEA Module: Improvements in TCP communication, in particular in the case of iMux installation.
- Laylines: If NMEA is not started, grib laylines are using grib display date instead of current date/time.
- AIS Module: Stopping sound alarm for one target can now be temporary.
- NMEA Module: Fix Miniplex 3 NMEA sentences.
- GRIB Module: If 2 gribs have the same resolution, the data in the smaller grib slot number is used.
- iOS: Fix an issue when importing mbtiles.
- Grib Module: add support for images in KML or KMZ format.
- Mbtiles Module: Add possibility to overzoom by 2 levels.
- Chart Modules: Add multiple folders support for all formats.
- iOS: Change folder structures, grib folder, charts folders, etc are now accessible directly via iTunes.
- iOS: Activation of geoData positions import.
- Weather Routings and Routes modules: Add Crossed Sea parameters. Add possibility to use a Waves Polar which describes boat performances relative to waves height and direction.
- Pathways Module: Add the possibility to activate a pathway directly, without creating a route.
- Grib Module: Add an option to retrieve SKIRON gribs via saildocs or Iridium GO!. Add data sea temperature.
- Instruments Module: Add information related to next mark (heading, TWA, etc.) in main dashboard.
- Alarms Module: Add an alarm based on distance to active WP.
- Add the possibility to hide the microboard.
- Add an option to display a boat icon on the map instead of just a point.
- Add a Night display mode for instruments and maps.
- Add a button Man Over Board in toolbar.
- Add TWA data on function draw a heading.
- Add a button for showing/hiding grib in toolbar.
- Add possibility to choose and download a polar from our server.
- Fix various bugs, and various improvements, concerning multirouting, NMEA data VTG, etc.
- Instruments Module: add histograms for most NMEA data.
- Instruments Module: New instrument: Atmospheric Pressure, which can be fed through NMEA messages, or through internal sensor if present.
- Alarms Module: New alarms: Atmospheric Pressure and AWA.
- Start Line Module: Add possibility to top committee and buoy, and show line best side.
- Simulation Mode: VHF improvements.
- Grib: Fix a regression on V2 gribs for pacific.
- Fix a bug concerning Geodata boats position import.
- New platform: Raspberry PI2 and PI3
- New icon
- Instruments Module: New option to smooth data for boat and wind speed and direction.
- Alarms Module: New alarm on polar efficiency percentage.
- New Start Line mode, allowing to measure distances and times to start line, to display a safety zone, and to manage a chronometer.
- Boat Module: Add possibility to force polar best wind angles.
- Boat Module: Add possibility to tune polar efficiency differently for upwind and downwind.
- Grib Module: Add possibility to color arrows according to grib slot, and to superimpose arrows from different gribs. This is useful for comparing grib models.
- Simulation Mode: Add an option for randomizing wind data.
- Add a button for financially contribute to qtVlm.
- Various other fixes and improvements
- Grib Module: Add Great Circle (squid) gribs direct download and email requests. Improvements in saildocs configuration and email generation.
- Instrument Module: Compas central part can now rotate based on real wind data.
- NMEA Module: Better management of UDP connections. Add multicasting support.
- Various small bug fixes, as usual
- Grib Module: Add a third slot for gribs, plus a mechanism for activating slots, in order for instance to compare gribs easily.
- Routes and Pathways Modules: It is now possible to append POIs to routes or pathways directly with mouse or touch.
- Add an option to keep boat centered on screen.
- Add a delay parameter for alarms.
- Various small bug fixes
- Iridium GO!: Possibility to request gribs via "Iridium Mail and Web" or "XGate" applications
- Simulation mode: Minimum distance from coasts for mooring has been increased to 500m
- Weather routing Module: Allows multirouting starting from boat
- Various bug fixes
- Grib Module: OCENS gribs support
- Route Module: better import of klm files
- Anchor Module: bugs fixes
- Simulation Module: fix a bug if no grib is loaded when starting
- mbtiles Module: fix a bug when configuration settings are changed
- S57 Module: Add a new details level. Optimisation.
- Instruments Module: Add possibility to send performance data on Raymarine instruments
- NMEA Module: Add possibility to have several output channels simultaneously
- Grib Module: Add grib size estimation for saildocs gribs. Add new data for saildocs GFS (rain, cape). add HRRR gribs for saildocs.
- Mbtiles Module: Optimisation.
- Opponent boats position import (dcc format)
- Better zoom/pan system, especially with S57 charts
- Some minor bugs fixes and many optimizations
- Add conditional alarms on COG, SOG, TWA, Depth and Currents.
- Routes Module: Add wind information compensated by the difference between wind from grib and actual wind on water.
- Routes Module: Add wind arrow icons on each POI (optionnally).
- Routes Module: Add options for modifying wind TWS or polar efficiency.
- Weather Routings Module: Add multi-routing options for varying wind TWS or polar efficiency.
- NMEA Module: Add a second UDP port for output
- NMEA Module: Add possibility to send NMEA data generated by internal GPS. Useful for instance to share a smartphone GPS on PC.
- Some fixes and optimizations in S57 management, plus some other fixes as usual
- Optimizations concerning S57 maps
- Some changes concerning NMEA UDP connections
- Some bug fixes and various small improvements.
- Various bug fixes and optimizations concerning mainly S57 module
- new Vector Charts module, accepting maps in S57 format
- Raster Module Improvement in GEOTIF rendering, and in quilting map selection.
- Android et iOS Anchor Watch is now included in the free version. Single Raster map is now available only in complete version.
- Some bug fixes and various small improvements.
- Patch2: Fix an issue with parameters saving in VLM mode.
- Patch1: Fix an issue with coasts detection on Mac ou iOS devices with retina screens.
- Weather Routings module: Fix an issue with multi-routing on pathways. Various small improvements.
- Module NMEA: Add an option to be able to retransmit all data. Add various parameters for serial connection.
- Modules Mbtiles and Tiles: Improvement in rendering performance.
- Some other corrections and improvements.
- Weather Routings module: Improvements in currents management and in calculation performances.
- Routes module: Improvements in functions linked to pathways, for instance a POI can now belong to several pathways. Possibility to activate a route, which will automatically change active WP once the current WP is reached.
- Instruments module: Better readability for CS/CD instrument. Add values for heading and speed target in TSP instrument. Improvements in currents calculation for TSP instrument. Improvements in performance data sending to NKE instruments.
- Raster module: Improvements in rendering performance for kaps and geotif (SHOM), especially for Android and iOS.
- Mbtiles module: Improvements in rendering performance.
- Tiles module: Possibility to display tiles from openSeaMap over kaps and rasters.
- Simulation Mode: Fix an issue with coasts detection at simulation restart. Many general improvements there too.
- NMEA Module: Add an option for incoming RMB messages, allowing to receive active WP from other navigation systems.
- GRIB module: In case NMEA is active or Simulation Mode is activated, grib's date is automatically updated every one minute.
- New general menu, to better identify Routes, Pathways, Barriers and Marks functions.
- Some other corrections and improvements.
- Weather Routing Module: Multipoints routing on a pathway (route defined as a Pathway). POIs suffixes when converting to route is not anymore limited to one character.
- AIS Module: Many improvements in perfomance, add messages 19 et some other new stuff.
- Simulation Mode: Add a fixed TWA mode. Add a virtual VHF to communicate with other participants. Many improvements in coast detection.
- NMEA Module: Some changes in serial ports management.
- Anchor Watch module: Many improvements.
- Instruments module: Improvements in TSP instrument which now takes currents into consideration.
- Route module: Add some data in tooltip window.
- Active WP infos can now be send on NMEA output.
- Performance data can now be send to NKE instruments.
- Tracks can now be exported in gpx or kml format.
- Status font size can now be specified.
- MacOS and iOS: fix a problem with AIS targets display on retina screens
- Some other corrections and improvements, as usual
- Weather Routing Module: Add an option to avoid area with gusts over a limit. Improvements in algorithm.
- AIS Module: Performance improvement, some other small improvements.
- Android and iOS: Improvement in POI move management.
- Simulation Mode: New Simulation Server, allowing more connections.
- Gribs: Add gusts option in sailDocs download configuration. Add PRMSL data to grib2 management.
- Instruments Module: New Instrument: PPC (Polar Percentage). Possibility to send this data to NKE instruments.
- VLM mode: Add some contextual entries for managing opponents settings.
- Add feature to save grib animation frames, for instance to create gif animations.
- Show both Ortho and Loxo lines in "Draw a heading" function.
- Add a contextual menu entry in barrier points to allow manual input of coordinates.
- Various others small changes and improvements, as usual.
- Simulation Mode: Better management when restarting simulation. Many other improvements.
- Weather fax: Fix a problem when several faxes are loaded directly from Internet.
- VLM Mode: Fix a problem with NSZ when a minimal distance to it has been specified.
- Android: Change in default folders management for Android 6.
- Some others changes and improvements, as usual.
- Module AIS: Add targets list, possibility to mark a target as fleet member, and to display only targets belonging to fleet. Add an option to be able to display tracking data on targets (heading, speed, etc.).
- Weather Fax: Possibility to indicate directly an URL instead of an image file name.
- Routes and Weatnher Routing modules: Tacks and Gybes delays can now be specified individually.
- Routes module: Route segments using engine are now shown as a dashed line.
- Barriers: Internal areas for closed barriers are now hatched. Fix a problem in display and cross detection.
- Simulation mode: Some changes to allow to practice without internet connection.
- VLM mode: Minimal distance to coasts also applies to NSZs.
- Grib: New option available, to apply a correction on TWS from grib (%).
- Display style \fusion\ is now forced.
- Add a Longitude/Latitude grid (optional in display options, shortcut \G\).
- Linux: Fix a problem with sound occuring in recent distribs.
- Add lon/lat info in POI tooltip (useful for Android/iOS when moving a POI).
- Various other improvements and fixes.
- patch1: Linux: Temporarily remove all sounds. We are investigating this issue linked to some recent linux versions VLM Mode: Add Autopilot reckoning (HDG and TWA only), plus the possibility to send 'Grib Reckoning' to VLM autopilot
- Android and iOS: Fix an issue related to boards
- Fix an issue on some hardware causing grib merging to fail
- Add route import in gpx format for files containing track data
- Various other improvements and fixes
- New reckoning modes, based on grib TWA or HDG
- New option to materialize or not internal GPS accuracy on map
- Fix various small issues with boards
- Android: Fix a compatibility problem with Android 4.1.2
- New configuration screen for saildocs, allowing requests for many grib models (wind, waves, currents, etc.)
- Add openTopoMap online maps
- Fix an issue with satellite fix in some rare cases
- Fix a problem with wind direction in instruments in Simulation Mode
- Several various optimizations and improvements
- macOS: Fix an installation problem on Sierra
- Android and iOS: in VLM mode, for the permanent race 'Perth - San Diego - Brisbane (playground)', the complete version including all features is activated for free
- New Raster module, faster and able to read kaps, geotiff, geojpeg, etc
- Add CAPE data in route's log and in routes comparator
- New Statistics tab for route, with a lot of new data
- Add a parameter to specify a maximum CAPE value in Weather Routing Module
- Add a possibility to compare actual boat's speed with polar speed in board
- Add a configurable minimum threshold for rain in routes comparator
- Columns can now be shown or hidden in routes comparator and route's log
- Start and arrivals points in routing are now persistent
- Add an option to extend last grib date for Currents gribs
- Add the possibility of sending a POI to GPS or other navigation system
- Various fixes and optimizations
- Add a parameter in Weather Routing Module for specifying a minimal distance to coastlines
- Add a function for managing and previewing mbtiles
- Speed improvement in mbtiles Module
- Improvement in barriers management
- Better management of communication errors in NMEA module
- Add a parameter for forcing detail level for coastlines (mostly useful in SOL mode)
- Fix a problem preventing a POI to become the active WP in real mode
- Fix a problem concerning reception of a WP via NMEA
- Fix a problem concerning raw NMEA data window
- iOS: Add import via iTunes for dataColor file, allowing to change colors for grib data
- iOS: Fix a problem related to long menus
- iOS: Fix a problem related to some error message dialogs
- New coasts detection algorithm
- Optimization and improvements in Weather Routing module
- Improvements in routing/route conversion
- Improvements in Kaps module
- Add an option for not opening automatically exported files
- Android: Fix an issue with Lenovo YOGA 2 tablets
- iOS: Fix an issue with WP button in VLM board
- Fix a problem with kap display on retina devices (iOS et MacOs)
- New version for kap module, now supporting more projection types
- Improvements in mbtiles module, now accepting more file formats
- Improvements in grib rendering speed
- Improvement in import/export module, concerning polars import
- Fix map polar orientation when data is received via NMEA
- iOS: Improve application update procedure
- iOS: Fix a problem in in-app purchase procedure
- Various small other improvements and optimizations
- New magnifier, allowing for zooming on kaps, tiles, or mbtiles.
- Support for norwegian gribs available at om.yr.no
- Better support of parameters 'force winds' and 'force currents'.
- Improvement of weather routings module, especially in LSK or SOL mode.
- Improvement in import/export module.
- MapQuest has stopped free access to its servers, and is therefore removed from online maps options.
Wikimedia maps have been added instead. Other solutions are being studied.
- Fix a problem with some polar formats
- Fix a problem with non standard grib interpolation formulas
- Various small other fixes and optimizations
- Patch1: Improve authorizations management for Android 6.0
- Patch1: Add support for gribs available at meteo.uniparthenope.it
- Patch1: Fix a problem with scale display on small devices
- Adjust grib interpolation for a better match with VLM server
- Fix a problem with changing polar when polar is shown on map
- Improvements in Weather Routings module performances
- New management of Tacks and Gybes parameters
- Improve polar management and display
- Export with automatic loading in external applications
- Fix a problem with some V2 gribs, for instance Arome HD from Météo France
- Add gusts U/V data
- New management of several gribs opened simultaneously
- Add laylines on POIs, from NMEA ou grib data, including currents (tides)
- Add MapQuest and MapQuest Aerial maps
- Change management of mbtiles and kaps
- Various improvements in NMEA, Instruments, and AIS
- Change AIS simulation mode in cooperation with Sinagot.net
- New interpolation mode SOL (sailonline)