• bluecolumbia
  • Auteur du sujet
  • Nouveau membre
  • Nouveau membre
Plus d'informations
il y a 1 an 1 mois #1810 par bluecolumbia
twd histogram a été créé par bluecolumbia
hi :)

i'm a big fan of qtvlm, thank you to the developers for all of your efforts. 

using 5.11-1 on windows, i've noticed that in the twd histogram the scale shows twa, not twd. 

if this is adjustable, or if i'm missing some detail, please let me know. 

also, in my opinion, the twd histogram would be more useful if it contained the real-time twd number, so that the sailor can see changes happen over a period of time; the average twd number is not as important. 

thank you again for such a great piece of software. 

...bluecolumbia

Pièces jointes :

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Plus d'informations
il y a 1 an 1 mois #1811 par maitai
Réponse de maitai sur le sujet twd histogram
Hi,
Thanks for your interest in qtVlm.

The scale does not show TWA. The 0° value represents the latest average TWD value in the period (in your case 97° TWD). For the period it went from +/- 39° hence the min max of 58°/136°.

The idea in this sophisticated graph is to show the tendency of wind shifts around an average., and to try to anticipate.

The current raw value of TWD is shown in the led instruments.

--Philippe

• bluecolumbia
  • Auteur du sujet
  • Nouveau membre
  • Nouveau membre
Plus d'informations
il y a 1 an 3 semaines #1827 par bluecolumbia
Réponse de bluecolumbia sur le sujet twd histogram
hi :)

thank you for your reply, now i understand better what you are doing with the twd histogram. 

i've upgraded to 5.11.2. i think there may now be a problem with the twd histogram, please see my attached screenshot. (it looks like it is showing conflicting data points, with wind from two directions simultaneously. 

there is a picture of the twd histogram in the documentation that has two scales, both the true direction and the comparison to average. i do think that including the true direction scale makes the histogram more useful. 

i do not think the average number is useful to the sailor (though i can see that it is a useful number to the developer, in order to determine where to center the chart). the scale showing the comparison to the average is really just confusing, since it requires a mental calculation to get back to the actual true direction number. when i am sailing, i am mostly using the twd histogram to show a long history of the wind direction, and to detect a trend in current wind direction changes. 

thank you again for all of your efforts :) 

...bluecolumbia 

Plus d'informations
il y a 1 an 3 semaines #1832 par maitai
Réponse de maitai sur le sujet twd histogram
L'impression que le vent vient de 2 directions à la fois est due au fait que la courbe a un contour de quelques pixels, je l'ai retiré ca sera plus clair (voir image jointe). La valeur instantanée du TWD est affichée dans le LCD, lequel peut très bien être déplacé proche de la courbe, comme ceci:

Temps de génération de la page : 0.221 secondes