SOL Routing over land

• peterk@antares.com.au
  • Auteur du sujet
  • Nouveau membre
  • Nouveau membre
Plus d'informations
il y a 3 mois 3 jours #2331 par peterk@antares.com.au
SOL Routing over land a été créé par peterk@antares.com.au
I have been using QT for about 18 months with no real issues and last week finished a SOL race around the Canaries finishing 6th.  The route around the island was good with close course to the islands and no manual adjustments required.  A previous race and my current race however are way off the the route calculations.  When the dcs are exported via Excel export and then via Brainaid's converter into SOL web client I end up with a route that passes over land.

Examining the dc waypoints it appears that the route is calculating too little progress for the boat in a time span.  I have changed the polars from the SOL version to Brainaid's and AGL. I have tried checking and unchecking the SOL interpolation, played with PL settings and reckoning times.  I have totally uninstalled QT, removing the directories and performed a clean install but with the same result.

I don't know what other troubleshooting to try and it is very frustrating as in my current race (Briscoe Wharf to Casey Station) it is costing me 10's of nautical miles every wx such that i feel like abandoning the race now.

Anybody got an idea?

I can attach screen shots if required!

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Plus d'informations
il y a 3 mois 3 jours #2334 par maitai
Réponse de maitai sur le sujet SOL Routing over land
No knowing anything about SOL, but I would say that either the grib is not the same, or the polar is not the same, or you have added some constraints to the polar like night efficiency or other wave polar etc.

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Temps de génération de la page : 0.150 secondes