Contact us for support or information: contact@meltemus.com

Editing Pathways

• edmund.davis
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #398 by edmund.davis
Editing Pathways was created by edmund.davis
Hi,

It would be great to be able to add / edit / rearrange Pathway POIs as a list in the Pathway dialogue. Is that something which could easily be added?

Thanks,
Edmund

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #399 by maitai
Replied by maitai on topic Editing Pathways
Hi,
I am not sure I understand your request, can you elaborate a bit?
Note that you can change the POI order by editing the POI, and you can insert/move/delete new POIs via the contextual menu of the pathway (right-click on PC)
Regards,
Philippe

• edmund.davis
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #400 by edmund.davis
Replied by edmund.davis on topic Editing Pathways
Hi Philippe.

As I see it, the current method of assigning pathways to POIs is a bit backwards. For me, it would be better if we started to define a pathway and added a sequence of POIs to the pathway instead of the other way round.

When we're passage planning for a trip or race, we typically create a "pathway" between a list of new or existing POIs (waypoints) so it would be very useful to be able to enter and view POIs directly in a list when defining the pathway. These could then be easily rearraged to change the order or add additional waypoints.

This would be useful both for racing (when courses are announced) or cruising when planning a passage.

Thank you,
Edmund

• edmund.davis
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #402 by edmund.davis
Replied by edmund.davis on topic Editing Pathways
Thanks for following up
The current method seems backwards to me. POIs should be a member of various Pathways, instead of the other way around. Do you see what I mean?
When we're passage planning for a trip, we typically create a "pathway" and then we add a number of new or existing POIs (waypoints) so it would be very useful to be able to enter and view POIs directly in a list when defining the pathway instead of having to assign the Pathway to the POI.

I would like to be able to Edit Pathway and then be able to add a number of POIs to the pathway in a list / sequence - and rearrange them if necessary. And for racing, we would want to be able to add the same POI to the pathway multiple times.

Do you see what I mean?

Thanks in advance

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds