AppStore PlayStore

Contact us for support or information: contact@meltemus.com

Configure qtvlm as NMEA proxy

• dverona
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #745 by dverona
Configure qtvlm as NMEA proxy was created by dverona
I would like to set-up a repeater inside qtvlm in order to use qtvlm and OpenCPN at the same time. I set-up the ingoing NMEA correctly and then I go ahead activating the outgoing channer, but when I start NMEA on qtvlm, it receive the NMEA sentences, display it but no retrasmission is performed and "Failed to connect to TCP, HOST:...."error message is displayed. My question is: "Have I well understood the aim of this configuration (Outgoing channel)?". The error message seems to me I have not set up an outgoing but an incoming connection.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #746 by maitai
Replied by maitai on topic Configure qtvlm as NMEA proxy
Hello,
You have well understood the aim of the output channel. The thing is that when you use TCP as output qtVlm is expecting to connect to an existing TCP port already listening (a TCP server). Il will not create a TCP server by itself. So unless you have an existing software managing this port, the opening will fail.
The conclusion is that for this purpose you should use a UDP port that does not need anything. Don't forget to activate "retransmit all" in order to echo all received messages to ocpn.
-- Philippe

• dverona
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #747 by dverona
Replied by dverona on topic Configure qtvlm as NMEA proxy
Perfect, it run. Thanks

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds