Navigation and Weather Routing software

AppStore PlayStore

Contact us for support or information: contact@meltemus.com

Two bugs

More
1 year 9 months ago #1366 by Hurb
Two bugs was created by Hurb
Hi, I'm not sure where to report bugs, but here seemed like an OK place.

First bug:
Steps to reproduce:
1 - create new routing, enable multi-routing under "options" tab. select multi gribs, and open one or more gribs. Run the routing.
2 - create new routing, ensure multi-routing is disabled under "options" tab. Run the routing.
Result: first routing runs as expect, second gives an error and demands I have to select gribs for the multi-gribs option.
Expected: both routings run without errors, the first using the selected gribs, the second using the opened/active grib.
Work around: enable multi-routing, select anything other than multi-gribs, disable multi-routing.

Second bug:
Attached* is a grib file with last weather frame at 2022-06-19 12:00 UTC, but routing doesn't go past 2022-06-19 00:00 UTC. Possibly related, frames are hourly until 2022-06-19 00:00 UTC, then 3-hourly until 12:00 UTC (3 more frames)
*) I couldn't attach it exceeds the file size limit. It's linked here:  www.dropbox.com/s/ukb4z18ju1q4jmz/202206...3_P50_.grb2.zip?dl=0

Hope this is helpful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #1367 by maitai
Replied by maitai on topic Two bugs
Hi Hurb, thanks for the report.

I have fixed the first one.
The second one it seems that it is not a bug. In the grib you linked to, the last date is June 18th, 12h but this is for waves. Data for wind stops at June 18th, 6:00:00 so routing stops here.

--Philippe

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #1781 by Mais78
Replied by Mais78 on topic Two bugs
Hi, if I use Multi-routing->Multi-gribs, the routes created cannot avoid the coast (despite that option being selected). Am I doing something wrong or multi-routing is less accurate?
Using 5.11.1 on Mac
Thanks
Attachments:

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #1786 by maitai
Replied by maitai on topic Two bugs
Just tested this again, no problem here with multi-grib and coast detection. A route obtained like this is frozen and cannot be optimzed, so it could be that during the conversion into a route there are some small differences between routes and routing calculation and it can happen it touches something, which is normally fixed during the optimization phase. Best in that case is to slightly move manually the offending POI.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds