Navigation and Weather Routing software

AppStore PlayStore
Contact us for support or information: contact@meltemus.com

Understanding Abbreviations for instruments in qtvlm

  • mokosh
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
2 hours 18 minutes ago #4204 by mokosh
Hello,
Please can it be explained to me the background and rationale of the naming convention that qtvlm has chosen for instruments and why they differ so much from what is common in other software and MFDs.
For example:
Depth = dph instead of DBK (depth below keep), DPT = Depth, DWL = depth below waterline
Sea Surface Temperature = STP instead of SST
Destination to Waypoint = DNM destination to mark instead of DTW = Destination to waypoint (this slightly leads to a discussion about marks vs waypoint in navigation overall)

And many others.

I would prefer a consistent unified approach this, but of course I can live with qtvlms approach, I just have to learn. I am interested in the background and history of how it came to be, for my interest.

Many thanks,
Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds