Contact us for support or information: contact@meltemus.com

qtvlm stability

• bluecolumbia
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #1828 by bluecolumbia
qtvlm stability was created by bluecolumbia
hi :)

i'm using 5.11.2. i've noticed that on a fairly regular basis (about once a day) qtvlm becomes unresponsive. 

when this happens the menus are responsive, and some menu based functions are responsive, but the main chart display is frozen, instrument readout is frozen. when this happens i quit the program (via the menu, since the menus are still responsive) and i restart it. 

this is a fairly minor annoyance, but the problem is compounded because there is a lot of data that is lost when qtvlm is restarted (like routes and histogram data). 

i'm happy to share any additional details, and to assist in troubleshooting/finding the issue, if you have any suggestions on how to minimize or prevent the problem i'd love to hear them. 

thank you...
...bluecolumbia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bluecolumbia
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #1829 by bluecolumbia
Replied by bluecolumbia on topic qtvlm stability
sorry, neglected to mention that i'm using windows 11 (fully updated), dell computer (otherwise stable), i7 cpu, 32gb ram. i'm displaying enc charts, grib overlays, and i'm connected to nmea for ais and instrument data. thank you...

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #1830 by maitai
Replied by maitai on topic qtvlm stability
Hi,
We will need more details:
Any Harmonics loaded too?
What ENCs is that (S57, S63, CM93 ?)
Does it happen after moving the chart or any particular action like ENC pickup report or changing grib date etc. ?
Any crash report in qtVlm installation directory (files with a dmp extension) ?
--Philippe

• bluecolumbia
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #1833 by bluecolumbia
Replied by bluecolumbia on topic qtvlm stability
i'm using harmonics from xtide, i just updated to the latest version.
s57 charts from noaa (i have enc and rasters loaded, but generally only have enc displayed).
unfortunately, the problem occurs while i am not using qtvlm, the program will be constantly running in the foreground, and when i return to the computer (which is always on, no sleep or power save) i find that the qtvlm chart display is no longer responsive.
however, since the menus are still responsive i am able to quit the program via the menu, and no dmp is generated.
thank you...
....bluecolumbia

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #1834 by maitai
Thanks, that is useful.
Is your boat kept at the same position on screen ?
When this occurs, can you try to create a very small routing or let's say go to marks management and center on a POI to see if that restore the situation ?

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #1835 by maitai
Can you also please send me your qtVlm.ini file which is located in qtVlm installation folder (to support@meltemus.com) ?

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds