qtvlm stability

• bluecolumbia
  • Topic Author
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #1918 by bluecolumbia
Replied by bluecolumbia on topic qtvlm stability

hi :)

upgraded to 5.11-3

i'm sorry to report that the stability issue is not fixed; i am still experiencing periodic crashes where the menu interface remains responsive but the graphical display is frozen and does not become responsive until i restart qtvlm, occuring up to several times a day. please let me know what other information i can provide to assist in tracking this problem down.

i am also experiencing an issue where the awa and aws are not calculated in the route logbook, please see attached image with an example of this. please let me know if my configuration is somehow causing this problem. thank you. 

thank you...
...bluecolumbia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #1919 by maitai
Replied by maitai on topic qtvlm stability
OK,
I have no idea what can cause the freeze I must admit. Only potential situation I can imagine is when creating a routing, but you said that this occurs when the PC is left alone and you come back, is it right ?
Some extra questions:
You are North Up or Bow Up?
OpenGL is ON or OFF ?

For AWS/AWD in logbook again it is very strange. All the routes are like that? When it is 0, what are the values of TWS/TWA./STW on the same line? The route is imported ?

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #1920 by maitai
Another question: when the view is frozen, instruments and graphs are still updating or they are frozen too?

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #1922 by maitai
Hi again. Can you try please the beta version available here in the download section.
In the Help menu you will find a temporary item saying "Debug frozen situation" that may tell me what is causing that. Plus when you press OK il will try to unfreeze the view.

• bluecolumbia
  • Topic Author
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #1924 by bluecolumbia
Replied by bluecolumbia on topic qtvlm stability
wow :) that is amazing. i will install the beta now.

to answer your questions, i am using opengl, i am north up, when the display is frozen instruments and histograms are also frozen.

for the route issue... tws and twd and stw all show what look like valid values. the sails column shows n/a (though i have configured the files for my sails instrument display.
the routes were generated by qtvlm, i did a multi route generation from a pathway, using three different grib files. all of the routes have the issue.

thank you again, i'm so grateful for your help with this, i have installed the beta version so we'll see what happens :)

...bluecolumbia

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #1925 by maitai
OK for the route, that was a multi-grib routing. I will fix that.
When the freeze occurred again, if the debug dialog does not fix it, please to not quit qtVlm but instead go to settings and uncheck openGL, to see if that fixes it.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds